PDA

View Full Version : Firey NOT Matching pdf file

ronnie
07-14-2010, 03:02 AM
hi all, i hope this makes sense, as im new to this, i have a PDF thats got 3 spots colors with in it, but the colors are not coming out the same, i have try to adjust it within spot on, but does not seem to make any diffence? now do i applied changes? any help would be great. i log a call yesterday @13.00 and still waiting.

thistlegorm
07-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Ronnie,
Sounds as if the Pantone Color you are calling is being handled by the Fiery Pantone Library. Quick & easy way to check is in the properties of the job select the color tab & then expert settings, in there will be a graphical representation of how the Fiery handles the different parts of a print job.

You should see RGB / CMYK / SPOT / Grayscale, if you follow the SPOT direction - hopefully you should see a tick box that you can untick - with a bit of luck the graphic should change so that SPOT colors are handled by the CMYK profile rather than bypassing color work flow & just using the Fiery Pantone Lookup Tables. On the CMYK pulldown you will see lots of different profiles, try using SWOP or ISO, you should see a marked difference in the output ?

Give it a try & if it works - let me know & I should be able to tell you how to set it as a default..

adam1991
07-15-2010, 07:03 PM
if that doesn't work, then your document itself is not actually calling out the spot colors.

I like to use SpotOn to test this; change your spot color to something drastically different--say, change a red to a green--and then reprocess the file. If the color stays the same, either spot color matching is not on or else the color you think is a spot, isn't a named color at all.

If you have Postflight, that will also tell you. And of course, you can open it in Acrobat and use Pitstop to check the color in question.

There are lots of ways to skin this cat.

ronnie
07-16-2010, 02:34 AM
thanks guys, i have tried a few things now, and have been on the phone to the support line, which they are saying its the pdf, which was done in indesign, again im a newbie to this so not sure, but when changing colors (spot colors -working :)) im losing some of the image in another part of the PDF,??:confused: we are on CWS4 all up to date, using a CPS800.

manys thanks

ronnie

manyfaces
07-16-2010, 09:16 AM
when changing colors (spot colors -working :)) im losing some of the image in another part of the PDF

You wouldn't by chance be mixing spot colors with transparency? That's the kind of thing that can mess up any RIP (Fiery or non-Fiery).

Lou_P
07-20-2010, 12:32 PM
I know you have tried a lot of ideas, but I want to confirm if you have tried printing this file after setting the Fiery Controller to Composite Overprint on.

To do this, look in the color tab of job properties either through the driver or after double-clicking the file in Command Workstation to open its properties. On te color tab at the right side below the Color mode box is a check box for Composite overprint. Have you tried checking this option and printing the file?

Zwicker Press
08-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Are you sending the PDF to the Rip from Indesign?

Whatever program your "printing" from, make sure in the print dialog box you go to your output setting and select something like "cymk and spot" and "Device N" or "As Is".

Also select "Postscript Print Determines Color" and not "InDesign Determines Color"

Otherwise the spot colors will be converted to CMYK before the job spools.