PDA

View Full Version : Archives - Imposition Data from CWS4 not kept

MusicPublisher7055
07-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Hello,

I work for a music publisher; we have thousands of files archived in CWS4 (v4.4.0.36) with our old printer, a Canon ImageRUNNER C-5870U... the files worked perfectly when imported into CWS4 and have served us well for over a year now. Archive is a great feature and it saves so much time that we've decided to archive everything we print.

We received a new printer, a Canon ImageRUNNER ADVANCE 7055, and with it upgraded Command Workstation to version 5.1.1.04. When we import our archived files, the files come in just fine into the 'held' window, and upon opening the 'Impose' dialog, the imposition looks fine. When we try to print the file, however, it is not duplexed, and every other page is upside-down.

Our dealer figured out a work-around solution whereupon we could go into Impose, set the template to 'Default Template' and save as a new imposition file, and go back into Impose to set up the document again... but we understand this to be no different than importing the file all over again, and it makes all the time we'd spent archiving the original files wasted.

Is there any help out there?!

shmegenke
07-12-2010, 08:48 AM
I've seen this many times before.

I don't believe it's a bug of the RIP.

When you move an archived job from one model to a different model,finishing options are the most likely places to see an issue like this. Duplex, in particular, can be a problem in this scenario as some models may specify duplex as "Top-Top" or "Top-Bottom" binding while others may specify it as "Long-Edge Binding" or "Short-Edge Binding".

You could see how this might pose a problem.

While it may be a hassle, the workaround your dealer provided is probably the best way to handle this.

S

MusicPublisher7055
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
I had almost predicted this answer lol - thank you anyway!