PDA

View Full Version : WebTools Interface not responding

scava
06-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

When I go to the ip address of our unit to access the webtool interface i get the following:

Open HTML failed: No such file or directory

We can not print to the device either which is what prompted me to go check on it through the web interface.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

markdyck
06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
First question would be: what machine & Fiery are you using?

Second: are you sure that "Webtools" is enabled on the Fiery? I know on some of the older models I've had, that on a default setup, the web interface is disabled. You have to use the copier interface to enable it first. Then you can access it from any computer on the network.

Not being able to print to it either, seems to me like all the network settings are wiped. I have had it happen on a couple of occasions where my Fiery all of a sudden set itself completely back to default. In that case, I had the exact same problems as you, no web interface and no printing. The only solution was to use the copier interface to reset all the network settings and then enable "webtools".

In case you need it... default access to the Fiery should be:

User: admin
Pass: Fiery.1

scava
06-29-2010, 12:50 PM
The unit is connected to a Canon C6800.

When I try to use the copiers display screen to get into the network settings screen that particular menu item, among a few others is not present. I can see the "System Settings" menu item, once I select that, my next screen has a blank area where the "network settings" button should be.

Could this have been locked out at some point by someone? Did this machine have this feature?

Thanks

Steve

shmegenke
06-29-2010, 01:03 PM
System Settings menu is for the copier side settings and not the Fiery side.

Usually, on a system like that where you have an embedded fiery, you would see the printer menu item at the top of the LCD. If you press on that icon you should see another screen appear with a button "Printer Status/Settings" or something like that. If you press that button, it should take you into the fiery main screen where you would see something like the name of your system and the word "Idle" or "Processing" or "Printing" in the upper left corner. If you don't see any of that or if you see something like "Starting" or some other message, check the power connection to the controller (the metal box hanging off the back of your copier).

Cheers,

S

scava
06-30-2010, 05:45 AM
I was able, through the printers screen, to get into the printer settings as outlined... i did not see anything regarding network setup or config. I only had 1 page of choices to select from such as diagnostics, clear server ect. I did a clear server and let it reboot.

this morning I came in and was able to get into the Webtool via my browser, it took a few minutes to load but answered the request this time. I checked status and it indicated "processing". When I selected the webspool from the menu to the right, thepage timed out and has since not been responding.

Now i am back to getting "connection refused" when i point my browser to the ip of the fiery unit.

I see the fiery uses linux and apache... any chance this os got corrupt or could it more likely be a network issue?

thanks

Steve