PDA

View Full Version : may I ask a CWS4 question?

Aaron Bluestone
06-25-2010, 10:10 AM
I know this is the 5 forum, but I'm one of the experts at EFI might remember back to CWS4 and be able to answer this question:

In 4.2.0.54 (and probably other version around this age), in the properties -> image quality there are several settings such as "image smoothing" that have a default of "Server Default" yet under the sever setup there is no place to set the default.

My question is: what is the default and can it be changed? The documentation says you can set it in the server setup, but I can't find it.

Newer versions of CWS don't have a "server default" selection for image smoothing (and others in image quality) so it appears to be changed.

If it matters, this is on an EXP5000.

Bob_B
06-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Aaron,

Some default settings can be configured in ColorWise Pro Tools under Color Setup. Generally speaking, if the option is not available here or in the Fiery Server Setup or Web Tools Configure, that would indicate that a decision was made to lock the default to one setting. In the case of Image Smoothing, this would most likely be Off, since enabling Image Smoothing will slow down the performance to a degree.

If you want to have certain settings as a standard, I would recommend creating a virtual printer with the desired setting.

Bob