PDA

View Full Version : InDesign (CS4) Issue on EB1357 Fiery

lesdsmith
06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
I have a customer with a Ricoh Pro 907ex and Fiery EB 1357. Configuration is Intel MAC, running OS 10.5.6, InDesign (CS4).

The customer has two scenarios where they print and the settings either generate a Postscript error or the settings aren't retained at the Fiery.

Scenario One:

InDesign 5.5 x 8.5 document. All black text. Print settings are, booklet, staple two at center, cover from Tray 4, body from tray 7, quantity is 1. Postscript error of Offending Command - Invalid IF statement. Change the drawers to auto select and choose paper type for cover as purple and paper type for body as green and job prints.

Scenario Two:
InDesign 11 x 8.5 document. Print settings are Letter, staple two at center, Duplex Open to Left. Duplex settings are not retained.

I have posted each job's Postscript code which was collected from the spool folder of the Mac, PDF files created by exporting to PDF from InDesign and the InDesign files.

Please advise if any ideas. (Note: I tried to upload zips of several other files, but the upload wouldn't work.)

markdyck
06-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Just a quick question, is your client printing directly to the Fiery or are they using the Hold queue? I have the 1107ex and the same Fiery as your client, and I find that setting jobs to print from the Hold queue and using CWS is a more reliable method of getting the job to print the way I want to rather than printing direct.