PDA

View Full Version : Fiery not printing DC242

faustog
06-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Hi!

The DC242 is not printing, when you send a job to print from a computer the job keeps in the printing process but does not get printed, every thing works fine like scanning, copying.

I already tried the fiery controller (Fiery X3eTY) in another DC242 and it does the same.

Can someone help me?
Thanks,

thistlegorm
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi Faustog,

Are the print jobs actually getting to the Fiery, i.e can you see the jobs ripping (processing) & no print comes out ? If they are getting to the Fiery then it sounds like a reload to me, couple of things to try before that. If you can get into the Fiery via CWS are you able to print off say a config sheet ? or another internal test page. You could also try doing a "Clear Server", note that this does exactly that so any jobs that are on the Fiery will disappear. Also do you print direct to the print queue ? you could try printing to the hold queue & then releasing your job does this make a difference ? although one of these may work - I think you will end up having to have the Fiery reloaded..

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Kev

faustog
06-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Yes, I can see the print jobs in CWS processing and the job status says printing in the DC242 display. I can't print any thing from the CWS, from the DC242 display yes.

I already reload with the CDs.

Thanks.

thistlegorm
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Ok Now I am intrigued..

If you went onto a client workstation & in IE type in the IP address of the Fiery - you should see the embedded webpage of the Fiery. If you find the Print from file page & submit a pdf to the print queue - are we saying that this prints ? if it does it would suggest that the Fiery itself is OK & it is an issue with the CWS. Can I ask is this a "bustled" fiery i.e a square box on the back or is it a standalone Fiery ? if it is a standalone does it have a monitor & keyboard etc attached ? or if it is a bustled Fiery are you able to remote desktop into the bustle ? not all bustles let you do this - it depends on the patch level.
Also if you are using a bustled rip & have CWS loaded on a client workstation what level are you running ? & have you tried reloading that ?? another "also" how did we get here ? what changed ? presumably it has been working & now something has changed & now it doesn't. Was a patch loaded , PC crashed, power outage, sunspot activity..:D
Sorry more questions than answers - let us know the answers & perhaps we can drill this down a bit more..

faustog
06-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Yes I can enter to the embedded webpage, I already tried to load a pdf job in the embedded webpage and i can see it with CWS, but no printing it's the same.
I can print reports from the display.

It's a bustled fiery.

I don't know how to remote desktop.

It was working a suddenly stop to work.

Thanks

thistlegorm
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Ok to remote into the bustle ( this may or may not work..) try the following.

Start =>Run then type mstsc this should give you the Remote Desktop Connection Box. Hit the options Tab you can then populate IP address of the Fiery, User will be administrator p/w= Fiery.1 & see whether it will connect, if it does you should see the CWS 4 screen on the RIP itself & from there you should be able to print a test page for example from the actual print queue.

This could all be academic if you are unable to Remote into the bustle. If you have correctly reloaded the bustle & have not patched it in any way - the Fiery should produce a startup ps test page on reboot & you should be able to connect to the print queue as a network printer & it should print. If this is not happenening then it may be time to ring for tech support - as something is obviously wrong & it wont be fixed on a forum.

faustog
06-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech support from xerox it's taking to munch time to resolve this problem, thats why i am trying this forum.

Thank you any way.

if you have another suggestion plese let me know.

right now i am trying with a new hard drive and reloading again.

faustog
06-24-2010, 04:17 PM
yes when i start the dc252 it tries to print the startup page, but it does not print.

Craig M
06-25-2010, 09:16 AM
I have two suggestions. 1: Try a new video cable if you have one. 2: Make sure all patches are installed. If you still see the problem, call into Xerox support and have them call EFI. Good Luck! Craig

faustog
06-28-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes I installed two big patches, I tried the cable in another docucolor and its fine.

Thanks Fausto

Craig M
06-29-2010, 06:04 AM
Can you send me a list of installed patches? Please do this by printing the config page and sending me the whole thing. Thanks