PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh 5560 c

Studio54palermo
06-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Good day to all, im new to this whole new fiery thing, i recently opened a store in Argentina and i bought a ricoh 5560c, it come with the fiery E-7000. Ive been printing picture on the printer and compared to the other picture the print out seem "dead", they have less color, less light, So i started looking for a solution and i cam across the fiery command workstation 5 calibration tool, so i start calibrating i print the calibration page and when it tells me to measure (scan) it is said cannot find Kodak gray scale... can anyone help me? thank you for your time and reading this far :)

Steve0
06-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Hi, Argentina...

If you bought the 5560C new, the Kodak grayscale strip should be in with the disks and documentation that Ricoh shipped. But since the 5560C is an old model, it's not likely you bought it new if you just bought it recently.

If you bought the 5560C used, then you may not have gotten the Kodak grayscale strip you need. Then you will have to find one or buy one.

But in my experience, the Colorcal calibration (the calibration that uses the grayscale strip) isn't nearly as good as the Fiery calibration using a spectrophotometer, such as the EFI ES-1000. It makes a BIG difference, but it also costs $$$ for the instrument. (I see there's one on **** today for just over US $500 - a bargain at the price.)

Steve

markdyck
06-07-2010, 09:10 AM
I will second Steve0's comments regarding calibration on that machine. I have a 3260C with the E-7000 and using the ColorCal calibration method off the glass isn't really very good at all if you want good color. I suffered for years through inconsistent color with the 3260C until we got our C900. With the C900 we got an EFI ES-1000 Spectrophotometer and it makes ALL the difference! Now the colour on the 3260C is MUCH better than it ever was before. Plain and simple, if you want good color from that machine, you'll have to get a better tool to calibrate with.

Studio54palermo
06-14-2010, 10:58 AM
ok thank you very much, I'll look into that