PDA

View Full Version : Image Shift not working

Randy R
05-20-2010, 08:55 AM
I have a customer with an IC-305 v2.1 driving a KM 6501 with a punch.
When printing a duplex letter-size PDF, Image shift is not working as expected.
Instead of shifting away from the bind edge, it will shift both sides to the right or left the same amount. So .25 inches on the front away from the bind, and .25 inches on the back INTO the bind.
Any suggestions? Thanks

markdyck
05-20-2010, 11:18 AM
How is your file getting to the Fiery? Are you dropping the PDF into CWS or are you printing to the Hold queue? I had some similar experiences, however mine were limited to files printed to the Hold queue, directly from InDesign. In that instance, when I tried to duplex and perform and image shift, whatever setting was applied to the front, was applied to the back. Even though I specified a separate shift for the back, it was ignored and just the setting for the front was what actually was used. My only solution to it was to create a PDF from InDesign and then drop that PDF into CWS. Then everything worked as it should. That was my experience anyhow.

Randy R
05-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Printing to the print queue from Acrobat 7 and Acrobat 8 with the print driver.
Tried adjusting job properties in CW5, still no luck. Weird.
Image Shift works fine on an IC-408 and an IC-303 with KM 6500s in the same shop

markdyck
05-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Have you tried dropping the PDF's into CWS and setting them to print that way? Just a thought but that's the only way I was able to get around the problem you're having.

Randy R
05-24-2010, 06:20 AM
Thanks,
I'll give it a try

oxident
05-25-2010, 01:14 AM
I guess the reason for this strange behaviour is the way, Acrobat rotates the pages prior to sending them to the printer.

You might also experience problems with the duplex setting because Acrobat rotates landscape pages to portrait (and sometimes also rotates portrait pages by 180).

Submitting the files files using CWS should fix all those issues but that's not always compatible with many files :(