PDA

View Full Version : EX700 Fiery v1 & Xerox 700 re-install...LPR spooling?

olivercado
04-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Had to re-install all FIERY server software last week and now when we send files from any app (mostly Indesign & Acrobat)...file randomly spool to the HD instead of directly printing.

How can I stop this from happening?

They need to go Direct but in the HOLD cue.

PLEASE ADVISE ASAP.

Bob_B
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
It sounds like your Fiery has version 1.0 installed. I would recommend that you contact your dealer about upbrading to v1.5.

Could you provide a little more information about your workflow? It sounds like jobs are being sent to the Hold queue instead of the Direct queue.

Is this correct? Does this happen when printing from all users or workstations or just some?

Are all queues enabled on the Fiery?

Is authentication required for printing? If so, have all users been entered in the Fiery correctly?

If the job arrives in the Hold Queue can you release it to print?

I hope this will help find the cause of the problem.

Bob

Milo Wilson
05-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Sounds like you need to reinstall queues on your network. Usually install new printer(Hold, Direct and/or Print) install as LPR, enter IP address of printer and name queue Hold/Print or Direct. Download correct drivers from Xerox website and everything should be good. Updating to EX700 v1.5 needs to be the very next thing you undertake as soon as possible.