PDA

View Full Version : Tray Alignment at Command Workstation...

nelsmy
04-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I have a canon imagepress C1 with Q1 Fiery and a side paper desk, i just wondering that i have do the tray alignment with 13x19" paper, and both side during the test print alignment is correct, but when i start print artwork using the same media and media size, one size was out of alignment. Why this will happen? i thought once the tray alignment has been set and apply and test, all the subsequent print out will be alignment properly? please help on this issue...

Thank you in advance.

Karl_T
04-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Hi nelmsy,

Thank you for your post.

When you print the job after performing tray alignment, are you specifying the paper source in the driver when you print your job? It has to be the same as the paper source you performed alignment against.

The following note is from the Utilities documentation which shipped with the Q1;

"NOTE: For Tray Alignment to work when printing a job, select the tray that you have aligned in the Paper Source option bar before printing. If you later print a job using the auto tray selection, the alignment does not work. When you want to print 2-sided printing, select the Short Edge Binding with Tray Alignment feature."

Can you please verify that these steps were followed when you experienced the problem?

Many Thanks,

Karl

nelsmy
04-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi Karl,

Thank you for reply, here is the reply,

>> When you print the job after performing tray alignment, are you specifying the paper source in the driver when you print your job? It has to be the same as the paper source you performed alignment against.

Yes, i do use the same paper source.

>> "NOTE: For Tray Alignment to work when printing a job, select the tray that you have aligned in the Paper Source option bar before printing. If you later print a job using the auto tray selection, the alignment does not work. When you want to print 2-sided printing, select the Short Edge Binding with Tray Alignment feature."

Yes, i do select the tray that i have aligned in the paper source option bar before printing.

But "select short edge binding with tray alignment feature" not so sure did I select it or not. Because my artwork is print out from Impose duplex.

I will try it out again.

Regards,
Nels

nelsmy
04-06-2010, 02:15 AM
Hi everyone,

For your information, the pdf files that need to be printed, we do some layout using Impose and it will generated some file as *.dbp. and this file we can't control short edge or long edge binding, because this option has been disable.

I just wonder as long as we have did the "Tray Alignment" and successful test the tray alignment, do we still need to do below?

Enable the "Tray Alignment" in the "Media tab"?
or Enable the "Image shift" in the "finishing tab"?

What is the different align Front and Back in the "image shift", we have try to check this out but still not align properly. BTW, we are using Side paper deck not bypass.

I have go thru the those EFI document, but didn't get any info on this alignment, hope someone can explain and guide me.

Thank you!

Nelson