PDA

View Full Version : Firey color shifting

PNSTLInc
03-25-2010, 11:44 AM
I have a pdf (also a psd) with an odd "Camera RGB" profile in it. I cannot seem to find the correct way to handle the color on this for my Xerox 242 w/ bustled Fiery. I keep turning it red. Any suggestions?

kmuser
03-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Did you try to import it in CWS (PDF file)? (not printing it from Acrobat).
When opening PSD file in Photoshop choose Convert to Working Space, then set-up your Fiery Color workflow for RGB with the working color space profile you use in Photoshop. Afterwards, print it.
Other option is to "extract" embeded color profile from your doc (Camera RGB), download it to Fiery and, at print time set it for RGB data in Color Setup.

PNSTLInc
03-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Did you try to import it in CWS (PDF file)? (not printing it from Acrobat).
When opening PSD file in Photoshop choose Convert to Working Space, then set-up your Fiery Color workflow for RGB with the working color space profile you use in Photoshop. Afterwards, print it.
Other option is to "extract" embeded color profile from your doc (Camera RGB), download it to Fiery and, at print time set it for RGB data in Color Setup.
Yes, I've tried about every permutation I can think of. I started by importing it. I tried going through the PS driver. I tried using the Adobe PDF print driver then importing. My problem is appearing when we do the rip. Up to that point all previews and displays give color that is close to what I expect.

Is there someplace I can go to find the steps in doing this "extract" and download to the Fiery? The way things are going I expect that we'll be seeing more from this client and anything to make it much quicker and easier would be really useful.

michael_DPAS
04-15-2010, 04:35 AM
I think you can extract a profile through Enfocus PitStop. You should have this software as part of your fiery package... well at least we have it as part of the package I think.

Using photoshop should work too.

regard

Michael

Hannes
04-16-2010, 12:44 AM
When you have a PDF with a tagged RGB profile to the images. Set RGB source in the Fiery to none. THe tagged profile will be used insted of the chosen profile.
I have a file with several different RGB profiles and printing this file with RGB source set to none will print the file as it should be