PDA

View Full Version : DC 700 Issues - Error 045-310

ED1_Press
03-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Hello All

Nice to find this forum, any help will be greatly appreciated.

We have been running multiple Docucolors with EFI front ends for 4 years. Last fall we installed a 700 , and are currently using CWS 5.1.0.33 on a MAC.

We get Error 045-310 daily in the middle of a print job. This ruins a couple pages (usually with one or more of the colors dropping out), then freezes the machine. We have to restart everything, and try again. The same job will not cause this consistently - it seems pretty random.

More details

System: Fiery 1.0 SP1 , 8e Release 2, OS 10.6.2

Patches (in order displayed):

1-Y1ISG , 1-10U6GT, 1-10BXBL, 1-11702G, 1-10PTYU, 1-11L315, PRODID, 1-11DDD2, 1-10KXDV, 1-11Y2CX, 1-12LSAK, 1-12FQVK, 1-12X7F3, 1-135GAB, 1-138JI0

Thank you

Ben

Craig M
03-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Ben, Thank you for your post.
1st of all you must upgrade your system software to 1.5. Xerox nor EFI will support v1.0. After you upgrade, you should check to see what video board you have in the Fiery. There is a Xerox Service Bulletin for replacement of this board. If you have a new board, it can be identified with the part number 116N00264 sticker on the board or by verifying that U1701 near the board connector has been replace with chip number DS90CR483AVJD. If you need to replace these parts, please contact your Xerox analyst and they will contact Xerox support for replacement.

Thanks, Craig

thistlegorm
03-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi Ben,
Just to follow up on Craig's post, the fault code 045-310 is an internal commnication error on the MCU pwb on the engine & can be generated by lots of different issues IOT (engine - hardware / firmware ) EFI Controller software & Job related. From your perspective is it just one specific job that causes the issue? or do you have multiple jobs that can replicate the problem??

Assuming the latter, Craig is absolutely correct the EX700 needs to be upgraded to V1.5 & the IOT will need to be upgraded to V 3.0 at the same time. This can only be done by your local friendly Xerox tech, as the engine - registration, tray profiling etc will all change & will need to be backed up / restored / re-configured etc.

The interface board (pwb to us) inside the Fiery that Craig refers to (Grebe2) is biblically expensive & so before being replaced your local Xerox techs will want to be absolutely sure that this is the "real" cause of the problem.
This board feeds into the VSEL pwbs in the IOT controller which can also cause the issue - there isn't a quick easy fix & it is going to take time.

Best to get your local Xerox service guys involved soon as & start with the upgrade & proceed from there.

Hope this helps..

Let us know how it goes...

Cheers

Kev

ED1_Press
03-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Thank you for your replies.

My tech (who is here often enough that we have a coffee cup for him) is coming Weds to upgrade the software. I will print out your replies and share with him. He is very much a nuts and bolts and cleaning guy, and not so much a computer guy (35 years at Xerox I think.)

I will get a feel for what he understands / wants to take action on, and then push for whatever isn't getting done until it is right.

To ID the video board, we must open up the box, or can we see that from a UI somewhere?

Thanks again

Ben Z

ED1_Press
03-13-2010, 07:22 PM
This DC700 was installed in Sept 09 - the fact that it is running a system version which is not supported by EFI or Xerox is pretty sad (not surprising, but sad.)

Ben Z

sunshinegraphics
02-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Ben, Thank you for your post.
1st of all you must upgrade your system software to 1.5. Xerox nor EFI will support v1.0. After you upgrade, you should check to see what video board you have in the Fiery. There is a Xerox Service Bulletin for replacement of this board. If you have a new board, it can be identified with the part number 116N00264 sticker on the board or by verifying that U1701 near the board connector has been replace with chip number DS90CR483AVJD. If you need to replace these parts, please contact your Xerox analyst and they will contact Xerox support for replacement.

Thanks, Craig

Sorry for answering such an old thread, but the information is coming directly from it.

I can see that I am running 8 release 2, however where do I find the Fiery version that this person speaks off?

Also the video board that he recommends checking to see if it is part of the bulletin, where would I find the video board for this model?

I am moderately skilled at repairs, but unfortunately, have never worked on the inside of a machine such as this. Our machine is out of contract, I just wish to see if this could be causing the occasional 045-310 error that we are getting.

Thank you for any help!

Kdw75
02-13-2014, 11:28 AM
We got our first 045-310 error on our new C75 with the Fiery front end. The machine has 90K clicks on it and in the middle of a catalog job it had the error, but restarting the machine fixed it for now.

As I said this is a new install and everything is up to date.