PDA

View Full Version : My Docs Service not running

thistlegorm
03-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi All,

Not strictly a CWS 5 question although it is loaded on the Server. One of my customers in London who use predominantly MACS ( VER 10.5.8) are navigating to the Server Homepage - when they select the Docs tab in Safari the browser comes back with "my docs service not running" if you reboot the server it will work but comes back if you are a little "click happy" with your mouse clicks - Safari does seem quite slow. I tried Remote Connecting into the Fiery & used the IE on the server that works fine as does Firefox from the MAC. When I was able to reproduce it from Safari, when I looked on the Remote connection the Server desktop show a windows crash of "mydocs.exe do you wish to report to MS" dialog box. Once this crash is shown none of the browsers are able to log into the "Docs" tab until the server is rebooted.
Wondering whether anyone else had seen this behaviour??

Safari Version 4.0.4

EX260
Ver 2.0
Patches:
PRODID
1-10EG4A
1-14AM6C
1-13WCOL
1-14KF2B
1-146QLQ
1-146N25
1-15GERQ
1-15KX8E

Cheers

Kev

Tommy_L
04-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Hi thistlegorm, this is not an issue that has been reported in the past. It looks like you have most, but not all available Fiery patches. None of your missing patches look like they affecy MyDocs, but I still suggest you run system updates and install all Windows and Fiery patches. There is also a new version of Safari v4.0.5 available for download. I suggest you install this as well. It also can't hurt to run updates on your Mac as well. If you still have issues your best bet is to bring it up with your Xerox support or sales person. Also, since you say IE and Firefox don't show this issue, have you asked Safari support about this?

Fabio.Pergola
06-15-2010, 11:59 PM
i am facing the same problem with DC242 external fiery

All updates are applied