PDA

View Full Version : Sequential Numbering

Billyboard
01-08-2010, 03:22 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to setup sequential numbering using Fiery? We use Corel Draw X4 and have a Bizhub C650.

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Craig
01-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Do a print merge in CorelDraw, the down side is it will create a HUGE file to rip. We use Fusion Pro for sequential numbering.

kortshop
01-12-2010, 05:47 AM
We use print merge in Corel, and if the file is large we create a freeform master and only merges the variable data.

iGenJoe
01-14-2010, 11:32 AM
The best way to do this is to use a "real" VDP program like XMPie, Darwin, Etc. You can create a PPML or VPS file that will RIP super fast!

But the cheap and easy way is using MS Word and FreeForm.

Make a FreeForm master of the file without the numbers then use Mail Merge in MS Word along with an Excel file (with your numbers) and create a file with just the numbers and let the Fiery do the rest.

Docuprint
02-11-2010, 06:57 PM
But the cheap and easy way is using MS Word and FreeForm.

Make a FreeForm master of the file without the numbers then use Mail Merge in MS Word along with an Excel file (with your numbers) and create a file with just the numbers and let the Fiery do the rest.

Thank you, this is very clear for me, but i have a question, If i have an A4 design with VDP and i want to print 2 of them in a Tabloid layout page, what i must do?....maybe a stupid question but i try many ways and i can't find the right one!....or if i have smaller designs and try to print many of them in a 13'x19' sheet?

Thank you in advance,
JC

jonteo
02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Thank you, this is very clear for me, but i have a question, If i have an A4 design with VDP and i want to print 2 of them in a Tabloid layout page, what i must do?....maybe a stupid question but i try many ways and i can't find the right one!....or if i have smaller designs and try to print many of them in a 13'x19' sheet?

You can combine Impose and VDP to create a multi-up Master. Use the same imposition for your variable data. If you're creative enough, you can also make double-sided variable printing on one pass (provided the paper allows for duplex printing on your machine)