PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Banner page - E-mail Notification Status

mrobinson
12-24-2009, 05:35 PM
We have an InfoPrint (Ricoh) PRO PC900 printer which has an EFI Version 4 Fiery Server built-in and use Command Workstation 5.0.0.94. We FTP postscript files for printing.

1. Is there a way in the Fiery to generate a banner page at the start and or end of each print job? This would help us separate large jobs that have similar looking output.

2. Is there a way for the Fiery to email information on the status of a job:(when printing starts, job is waiting for forms, jams, etc., and when it is finished)?

Thanks,

Mike Robinson

Mike_R
12-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi mrobinson,
I don't have the specifics of your Fiery model on hand, but if there's a way to set a banner page, it would be in the Setup option of the Fiery (open Configure from Command WorkStation 5 or your browser, choose Printer Setup and then PS Setup). Else it may be possible to set a ps command in the original PS file you generate and then send via FTP.

I believe the only email notification delivered upon the states you're looking for (job submitted, completed, paper jam) is when the job is submitted via email. Would you want email notifications for all the different states for all jobs you print on the Fiery?

-Mike_R (not to confuse our two names)

Kamal_D
12-27-2009, 12:31 AM
For Banner page, you an try the following -

In the Server Setup>PS setup>set 'Cover Page' to 'ON'

this should help you to print the Job cover page for each and every job you print.

Hope this is useful.

regards,
Kamal

India

Nick_V
12-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Some Fiery options are not standard or included with all Fiery products. This is one of those cases. The Fiery option for "Cover Page" is not available on the C900 Fiery system. Some C900 customers, working closely with their dealers, have identified and used a combination of custom PS/PJL and Virtual Printer queues in order to implement alternative solutions.

Because InfoPrint specializes in cases like yours, I highly recommend getting in contact with your dealer for more information on other options to achieve a similar effect. I will also submit your feature request to the appropriate team for further evaluation.

ingramel
12-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Hi,

I am trying to print a banner page after each job sent to my Xerox Color 800. I read the previous post how to turn on Cover pages, but I am running into trouble when trying to select a stock from the stock library. Job faults. I tried using the print starter page setting and it prints a blank page after the job rather then the banner sheet like information I am expecting. I also want to be able to select the size of the banner, cover, or starter page. Anyone know who to do any of this?

Thank you