PDA

View Full Version : KM C65hc: Improve?

intryck
12-22-2009, 06:27 AM
I'm running a KM C65hc on an IC-305 (? Fiery system 8 i think?). I'm looking for all ways to get the most out of this machine.

First off: After calibrating I get these results: http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/323/measurementsi.jpg

Is there any way to improve these values to match the target better? Cyan and Magenta seem awfully off - they are compared to the C65hc profile and shouldn't that mean a near perfect match? I could understand on a regular profile due to the toner differences but...

-

The rip sometimes fails with glow-effects, making a gray box around the text that has the glow effect. We have tried multiple pdf-exports, printing straight from InDesign etc to no avail. If we put it on our Xerox DC252 the rip manages to keep the glow. It has an old Splash rip if i remember correctly.

Are there any updates released since mid-june for the C65hc + Fiery specifically? The installers put some HC-patch in when we got it but I would guess patches were continually developed? I will ofcourse ask Konica Minolta aswell.

-

I'll go update to Command Workstation 5.1 now - hopefully most of the crashes are gone! I also noticed you wrote about Fiery System 9, I cannot find information about this anywhere. Changenotes? And the Fiery Applications update for Sys9 users - what exactly does it contain? Do I have any use for it with my Sys8?

John_D
12-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Tjena Intryck,

if I am not mistaking you are located in Götenburg, Sweden, correct? I am located in *****holm and I am happy to give you a call to update you on System 9 and the last developments for your KM 65HC. Please send me an mail with your contact details at john.dekker@efi.com.

MvH
John Dekker
EFI Nordics
:)

ateljea
11-03-2010, 05:51 PM
John,

can you please say something about it?
http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php?t=1993
Would you please send me last C65hc default coated profile?
Either way thank you.

Scott_W
11-03-2010, 06:28 PM
You are using profiles for C6501 on a C65hc.

Since you are at v2.0 system software, you need to install the correct profiles for your engine type.

I have uploaded them to:

ftp.efi.com

Username: customer
password: cu$Tom3r

Look in folder /IC-303-305 v2_0_C65hc_Profile_Patch for Zip file containing install patch, uninstall patch, and release note.

Read note carefully. This patch should not be installed on a system that has had any EFI System Updates installed already on it.

If any patches are already installed, then you should re-install v2.0 fresh (rebuild system entirely) - then, install profile patch. Once that is done you can go ahead and run System Updates utility to install security and bug-fix patches for v2.0