PDA

View Full Version : Fiery X2-CP: Stuck in loop

pirogue
12-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi all,

i went to print a PDF this morning to my HP 3800CP through my X2-CP, and this is what happens:

The status screen appeared normal:

Apples.pdf
Busy
Rip

BUT, then the screen flickered and i saw:

For software update or setup press any key

After a second, i then saw:

Loading System

And then:

Please Wait ...

Then, the entire hot mess starts over ... and over ... and over.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks so much,
joel

Karl_T
02-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately, this is a discontinued product with out of date postscript capabilities.

It sounds like what is happening is that the system software has either become corrupted or a job caused a fatal error which caused the system to be stuck in a reboot loop.

If you press a button on the front panel when the message "For software update or setup press any key", you may see the option to install software or enter setup. Enter setup and then scroll to the last page of the menu items using the up/down button on the front panel and then at the last page, you should see "Clearserver" as an option. Note, before selecting this, be advised that this will wipe the job log and clear any held jobs as well. Unfortunately, with an older product such as this, this is usually the only way to get out of a loop. select "Clearserver" and then let the system go through its cleanup cycle.

If after the system comes back up to idle, the problem continues when printing another job, or if the system never exits clearserver, you will need to reinstall system software. It may be best at that point to find a local service provider to do this for you if you are not comfortable with installing it or are not familiar with the process.

Many Thanks,

Karl