PDA

View Full Version : Error Message - Then system crash

Library Printer
11-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Everytime I try to print this one particular file I get this error then I lose my connection to the RIP and have to restart -
---------------------------
Assertion Failed!
Source code file
Source code line 1376
Message Irrecoverable internal error

hit Retry to enter debugger
hit Ignore to ignore the problem and continue execution
hit Abort to terminate

hit Ctrl+C to place this text into clipboard

Install efidbg.dll to make stack information available

Abort Retry Ignore
Other files seem to print fine. Is this a problem with the file or the system?

lisa
12-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Hello,
I sadly do not have an answer to this yet :confused: , but have had the same experience with 3 external Fiery rips, (one with a FASI kit and one without) printing to an X700 printer, when submitting PDF files (v1.4) and when attempting to 'read' the calibration information, whilst trying to calibrate via the glass.

After acknowledging the 'Assertion failed' error message, you lose connection to the rips, and because two EX700's did not have a FASI kit, simply, pressing the power button on the front panel did not boot the rip back into life - it continually hung for some time, stuck in a loop.

Taking the power cable out, and repeating these actions until the rip booted up, was how I got two of the rips working.

The other EX700 had to be reloaded.

More detailed info below:

Each EX700 had V1.5 sw loaded
These patches were loaded on the EX700 when the problem occured:

1-11usao
1-11xfla
1-11-Ymsl
1-124MAX

X700 firmware version:

ESS: 1.211.0
IOT:54.37.0
HCF:6.3.0
Fin D:4.8.3
IIT:2.4.1
ADF: 12.2.7

A call has been placed for somebody to load the latest MS patches (auto-updates) to see if that rectifies the problem, as that is the only difference between the customer's rips and the rip in our tech support centre who have not thus far been able to replicate the behaviour, on the same level of software.

jozprint
01-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi there

I have the same problem.
Fiery 8 EX260 windows XP, all latest packs installed.
CWS 5.1 on my mac (10.3.11) edit: 10.4.11 (tiger) and CWS 5.1 on the Fiery rip
Xerox 242

Not daily, but once or twice a week.
I have not discovered a pattern yet.
Still, rather frustrating.

grtz Jozias

dindovino
02-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I work for the Xerox Help desk for DC5000 and we are getting about 8 to 10 calls a day for this message. We think its due to a patch being installed. We have each customer sending us a config sheet and may have narrowed it down to patch 1-14XDGY but thats just a guess at this time. We have had many dissatisfied customers and the only true solution is to reload SW and avoid patching until we get to the bottom of it.
If ANYONE has any info please reply to me!
Thank You

Johnny Larrabee
11-12-2010, 02:12 PM
I've had that sort of fatal error message too. When I try to delete variable data zip files off the Fiery I get that message. I have CS4 and CS5(on a Xerox 8000AP). It happens on both. It does help to remove the raster data before trying to delete.(A suggestion from 2nd level Xerox) But in trying to remove the raster data, the error pops up and crashes the system. To remove eight files, it crashed six times. A bit frustrating but I got through it. That shouldn't happen though.

dindovino
11-12-2010, 06:36 PM
All the Assertion Failed rash of calls have been fixed with pathc 1-16NAPJ. This patch is available via the Fiery System updates utility built into the fiery server.

ssgster
05-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Good afternoon. Will this patch to fix assertion work for the EX700 at Service Pack 4?

dindovino
05-19-2011, 01:20 PM
The patch was pushed to our Fiery 2.0 servers via the Fiery update application. I would not install it unless it gets automatically pushed to the server.