PDA

View Full Version : Calibrator Not Working

resolute
10-27-2009, 11:18 AM
I am getting a message "The Service Calibrator is currently used by "Operator"
on an Oce CS665 (KM6501) with the IP-408 Rip.
I am not able to calibrate my machine, as I cant get past this message.
I have tried using CWS 4.6 and V 5.15 - I have updated the Java client, etc.
This was working until last friday... I didnt do any updates. I tried this on a system using XP, Vista and Win7.

I have cleared the server. Shut down the Fiery server, shut down the system. Unplugged and tried to reboot. Still nothing.

We are using a Xrite DTP34 for calibrating.. but the Color Cal doesnt work either.

SharonH
10-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Hello,
The Command WorkStation offers a unique opportunity for multiple users to be connected to the same Fiery at the same time to manipulate jobs, perform calibration etc. Because of such connectivity it is sometime necessary to limit functionality to one user at a time. Calibration is one such instance where only one person can be performing this function at any given time.

If you see this error message then it means that someone else is also logged into that particular Fiery and has the Calibrator open. To get over this you have a few options. Wait till this person is no longer using Calibrator, find out who is using the Calibrator and ask them to close it, else just re-boot the Fiery and that will disconnect all the current users. Upon re-logging into the Fiery you will again have access to the calibrator functionality assuming the other operator has not logged in and opened calibrator before you have a chance to.

resolute
10-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Unfortunatley, that is not the problem. We have logged off the fiery... actually rebooted it and have also performed a complete shutdown, turned it off, and unplugged it. With Every other computer in the office turned off.. I have tried to access the fiery.. and still it doesnt work.

gipsi
10-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Hi Resolute, this is known problem on IC 408 Rip..This attachment is the official Efi patch for this problem..
Bye

resolute
11-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks///

That is the correct patch.. and it worked for nearly a week.
But --- now its not working again. I tried to download the patch you placed on the site.. but it wont download -- something about the zip file is corrupt.

Can you please repost it and I will try to repatch it... thanks

gipsi
11-24-2009, 04:49 AM
Thanks///

That is the correct patch.. and it worked for nearly a week.
But --- now its not working again. I tried to download the patch you placed on the site.. but it wont download -- something about the zip file is corrupt.

Can you please repost it and I will try to repatch it... thanks

OK this is patch.....
You have to reinstall the patch every time that the rip send you the message "calibrator in use by operator"

gipsi
11-24-2009, 04:53 AM
OK this is patch.....
You have to reinstall the patch every time that the rip send you the message "calibrator in use by operator"

Attachments is corrupt..Say me your Mail on MP and send you Patch..
Gilberto