PDA

View Full Version : Linking DC250 Fiery with TrueFlow hot folder

NeilK
09-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Hi Everyone.

This is my first post on here. So please be gentle with me.

We are running the TrueFlow SE workflow with our CTP system. The TrueFlow server PC is set so that it sends TIFF's to the hot folder of our Epson proofer to output imposed proofs for our clients.

Can someone please advise me on how to locate the hot folder to the Fiery on our DC250 so as to enable us to output mini-impositions for pagination checking. The DC250 is showing on our network but when i try to connect to it from the TrueFlow server it just leads to an empty folder.

Our set up is a Xerox DC250 with integrated Fiery controller at the rear.

Cheers
Neil

Bruce_W
09-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately the DC250 does not support a Hot Folder on the controller.

I'm not familiar with the TrueFlow server but this might get you by as a workaround. Can you set the TrueFlow server to output the imposed jobs to any folder on the network? If so, you could use CWS5 to access and import the imposed jobs to the DC250. This of course would not be an automated workflow but it would at allow you to print or preview the imposed jobs on the DC250.

NeilK
10-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Hi Bruce.

Thanks for your suggestion. Id not thought of that. It worked fine, but sadly didnt speed up the process. But its a good trick to know though.

You have said that the controller doesn't support a hot folder. Prior to having TrueFlow we used to use the Cresendo system which was able to directly output RIP'ed pages and impositions to the same DC250 etc that we have now. Would this have been some sort of crafty workaround by the engineer who installed the Cresendo? Any ideas?

Cheers for your reply and suggestion.
Neil

Bruce_W
10-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi Neil,

By default the Fiery controller has 3 queue's, print, hold and direct. You can print or send files to these queue's via SMB, LPR, AppleTalk, FTP or CWS. I'm not sure what sort of output output options you have with TrueFlow server but you might be able to use one of them.

Thank you,
Bruce