PDA

View Full Version : Fiery - Mac OS 10.6 Support

Gary_S
09-18-2009, 12:29 PM
EFI has released an update which enables printing with Fiery drivers for products using the Fiery Driver 2.9 and older Fiery Driver 3.0 versions. Please visit our download site and view the section "EFI Software" for Apple Mac OSX 10.6 Fiery Driver Updater. A direct link to this location is below.

http://services.efi.com/support/drivers/download2.asp?oem=efi&sys=Apple_mac_osx_106&ver=NA

Running this utility is required and will enable printing. This fix applies to 32-bit applications. 64-bit applications must use 32-bit compatibility mode to allow printing via older Fiery Drivers. Please read the release notes carefully for installation instructions and for reconfiguring your printer.

Note, this update is localized only in English. Another update utulity will be posted later this month for all languages.

motleycarl
10-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi, pathetically, I am the lone Mac user in a MS dominated office. We have a Toshiba eStudio282. I am having driver install issues.

I visited the Toshiba website for printer driver downloads and got (1) .dmg for e-ST280_283Srs and (2) another .dmg called "OSX," which when mounted has (i) Harmony Installer and (ii) a folder called "Printer Driver" with a file named "OSX Installer".

Questions:
1) Guidance needed on whether I need to even install (1) Harmony Installer, (2) OSX Installer...
2) e-ST280_283Srs will not install. I tried to install but the install failed. Do I need this? ..... If "yes" then is there an update you know of? Or do I just need to install Harmony Installer or something like that...

I am running a Mac-Mini 1.83 core-2 Duo with 2gb-RAM and Mac OS-X 10.5.6-Snow Leopard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

- Humbled One

Tom Lloyd
10-02-2009, 06:13 AM
I have got full driver functionality using the Windows PPD. Layout is messy, but it all works.

Tom

Bruce_W
10-02-2009, 09:52 AM
You may want to try installing the driver available from the Fiery Controller providing WebTools is enabled on the Fiery controller.

1. Enter the IP address of the Fiery in the address bar of Safari
2. Choose the downloads tab and the the OSX Printer Files, the file downloaded will be OSX.dmg.
3. OSX.dmg will open with a Harmony Installer and a Printer Driver Folder. Run the OSX Installer in the Printer driver Folder.
4. Once the installer completes add the printer in Print and Fax.

mlangston
10-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Before the upgrade to 10.6 I had an issue getting CWS5 to launch at all but found out that by installing the program from my admin account proved to work. After installing on the admin account and logging back into my daily account I was able to launch CWS5 with no problem.

But now I'm having a different set of issues. I installed the program on my admin account and was able to successfully launch the program from both accounts, BUT, for some reason my daily account isn't showing the tray information but my admin account does.

But that's not the worst of it. On both accounts the Spot Color library shows all black dots and when I double-click on the patch all the legend color changers are a grass green color. But if I print the patch the color prints out properly. That doesn't help me change colors since the legend is always green making it impossible to know what effect I'm having on the color.

I'm running a Konica Minolta bizhub PRO C6501 with a Fiery Pro 80 with FACI.

Gary_S
10-27-2009, 10:20 AM
MLangston,

The current version of CWS 5 (CWS 5.0.1.15) does not yet support Mac 10.6. EFI will be releasing a version of CWS 5 in the near future, which will fully support Mac 10.6. In the mean time, please run the current version of CWS on Windows or Mac 10.5.

When the updated version of CWS 5 is available, we will be announcing it in this user forum.

This string is regarding support for Mac 10.6 via print driver. See the details of this string, or contact your printer supplier for updated drivers.

Thanks,

Gary

deckm00
11-20-2009, 12:50 PM
One of my customers came up with the following workaround:

"I found a work around that allows me to print to the MPC6000 from my new Mac with OSX 10.6. This would be helpful if you know others with the same problem.

Using a Mac with OSX 10.4, I set up the MPC6000 on it as a shared printer. I then added the shared printer to my new Mac, making sure to use the MPC6000's PPDs. I then print through the shared printer with no problems. "

Bruce_W
11-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Also note the information at the beginning of this thread.
EFI has released an update which enables printing with Fiery drivers for products using the Fiery Driver 2.9 and older Fiery Driver 3.0 versions. Please visit our download site and view the section "EFI Software" for Apple Mac OSX 10.6 Fiery Driver Updater. A direct link to this location is below.

http://services.efi.com/support/drivers/download2.asp?oem=efi&sys=Apple_mac_osx_106&ver=NA

Running this utility is required and will enable printing. This fix applies to 32-bit applications. 64-bit applications must use 32-bit compatibility mode to allow printing via older Fiery Drivers. Please read the release notes carefully for installation instructions and for reconfiguring your printer.

Note, this update is now localized only in 16 languages.

erhanzengi
01-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I use OSX 10.6 on Mac.
I have run this update, but nothing happened.
This update need Fiery Driver 2.9 and 3.0. Where can find this?

marco974
01-15-2010, 10:45 AM
when job like administrator, I cannot open the properties of Job.
I do not have no message of error.
I can but use all the other functions.
Can you help me?
Thanks

Bruce_W
01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
What version of CWS5 are you running?

marco974
01-18-2010, 12:23 AM
I use CSW 5.1.0.33 whith OS 10.6.2

marco974
02-05-2010, 03:56 AM
someone have solutions to my problem?

Anna_dM
02-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Hi,

I run some tests on my Italian Mac 10.6 and I cannot reproduce your issue.
What printing device/controller are you using?

Thanks,
Anna

marco974
02-05-2010, 08:02 AM
I use CWS5 whit Xerox DC 250 whit EXP 250 and xerox 4112 whit EXP 250

marco974
02-05-2010, 08:04 AM
I use CWS5 whit Xerox DC 250 whit EXP 250 and xerox 4112 whit EX4112

Laurent_H
02-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Marco,

We could not reproduce the issue from OSX 10.6.2 Italian connected to the same devices.
Did you install and run CWS5 from the same admin account?
Do you have the drivers installed on your Mac?
Since this is not reported elsewhere in Italy yet, we believe the best course of action is to uninstall and reinstall CWS5.
Please let us know the outcome,

thanks,
l-

marco974
02-08-2010, 04:43 AM
I have unistall and re-installed 3 times CSW5.
The function propriety does not work again.
Driver are correct.
I can print and make calibration or job log and all the rest but i can't open propriety.
I am connected like administrator.

I have installed softare on OS. 10.5, and it function correctly.

?????????

Thanks

marco974
02-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Today I will try to install the English version.

Laurent_H
02-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Thank you Marco for the feedback, please let us know the outcome.

l-

marco974
02-09-2010, 05:12 AM
I unistall italian version.
I have tried to unload the English version but I find always the Italian version with same the bug.
I do not know more what to think

Laurent_H
02-09-2010, 07:18 AM
You can change your OSX language settings by going in your Systems Preferences, Language and Text, then set the Language to English (drag to top).
You have to relaunch the Finder (CMd-Opt-Esc) and then CWS5 to get it to run in English.

l-

marco974
02-09-2010, 08:25 AM
I have just spoken by telephone with xerox.
They know of the problem between OS 10.6.2 and CSW5.
They have reported to me that CSW5 works only partially with OS 10.6.2
How it is possible that Efi does not know this problem?

Laurent_H
02-09-2010, 08:44 AM
CWS5.1 was released to provide full OSX 10.6 support, including in Italian.

Our contacts at Xerox support are not aware of this issue, and we cannot reproduce it.

Can you please send me the person's contact details by private message or better, a Xerox log number (since this should have been escalated).

thank you
l-

marco974
02-09-2010, 09:15 AM
I have telephoned to number 199309241 (Xeroz Assistance). I have spoken with first level of assistance.
First level has spoken with second level.
Second level (Analysts, I think) say:
We know of the problem between OS 10.6.2 and CSW5.
CSW5 works only partially with OS 10.6.2 so you cant'n use propriety and impose.
Moreover we have many problems with the driver

this is all
Thanks

Laurent_H
02-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Xerox Europe support has not been reported the issue yet. We are trying to obtain a log number and details.

In the meantime, can you confirm whether switching your OSX to English (as described above) solves the problem or not?
Do you have the driver installed and did you run the CUPS filter fix?

thank you
l-

marco974
02-10-2010, 09:01 AM
I have tried also with the English version as it to me has advised.
I have installed the driver advised from Xerox.
I have run cup filter for OS 10.6 file called "Fiery Print Driver update for OS X v10.6"

marco974
02-10-2010, 09:05 AM
I have tried also to use ROSETTA.... nothing

fredmens
03-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi there,

I have a very simple question, i hope the answer is as simple :)

If i am running a legit version of Office, running OS10.5 and i have a Xerox 7428 Fiery driven, latest firmware, latest CWS version. Should i be able to print from my Mac to the X7428/EFI ? (all networked at a normal W2003 environement)

If so which driver(version) does one need ?

Kind regards,

Fred

Printfun
03-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Hello all-

We are experiencing the same problem as Marco. Running CWS5 on a Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard. We cannot access "Properties" for any job in any of the queues. We have installed the latest driver and are are using the most recent version of CWS5.

Has anyone found a fix to this yet?

Your help is appreciated.

marco974
03-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Hello.
Waiting patiently EFY solves the problem.
Currently I have no communications.

Printfun
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
I am sorry to hear that- it looks like you have been waiting for an answer for quite some time. I will post here if I happen to run into any possible solutions for this. This problem is kind of a large issue for us, so as time allows, I will investigate as many fixes as possible.

Printfun
04-06-2010, 11:14 AM
We were able to solve our problem with "Properties" and "Impose" not being accessable in the CWS5 GUI. We ran "fiery apps remover" and "print driver remover" which removes all things Fiery from the client Mac. From what I understand, these programs are not the same as the "Uninstall" function that is a part of the install disk. We obtained these programs from a Fiery tech. They suspected that we still had some remmnants of the older CWS4 on our system that weren't removed using the normal uninstall.
After running these programs, we reinstalled the latest CWS5, HotFolders, Impose and the latest Print drivers for the Xerox 700. Everything is working as it should now. :)

marco974
04-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Where can I find "fiery apps remover" and "print driver remover".

Thanks Printfun if I have your advice.

marco974
04-06-2010, 11:45 PM
For now I've found this useful solution.
I installed "remote desktop connection" on the Mac and I CSW5 installed on the Fiery.
So it works well

Printfun
04-08-2010, 05:58 AM
If you can't get the remove apps from your Fiery dealer, send me a private message with your email address and I will send them to you. They really did work like magic for us.

Bruce_W
04-08-2010, 06:57 AM
The Fiery Software Uninistaller for OSX is included with the Fiery Application Package 3b located at the following link.

http://services.efi.com/support/drivers/download2.asp?oem=efi&sys=FieryApplicationPackage&ver=3b

Since the OSX Software Uninistaller is small we will post it seperately in the near future for convenience.

marco974
04-08-2010, 08:56 AM

Printfun
04-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Thank you Bruce for making these available- it should help out more than a few users out here.

Good luck Marco!

seanfhaynes
04-22-2010, 06:35 AM
When I try to run the printer install it gets to a certian point and theng hangs. Is there a work around to getting the files on my mac?

I've tried downloading the driver from xerox and from the fiery unit. They both do the same thing.

It gets to a searching HD part with 17 items to install then stops

marco974
04-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Eureka ..... CSW5 now finally works properly.
Many thanks
Mark

Bruce_W
04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi Seanfhaynes,

How long are you waiting after the searching the HD part? I suspect the installer is not hung up. Please give the installer a few minutes to run and see if it completes as expected.

Thank you,
Bruce

seanfhaynes
04-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Hi Seanfhaynes,

How long are you waiting after the searching the HD part? I suspect the installer is not hung up. Please give the installer a few minutes to run and see if it completes as expected.

Thank you,
Bruce

I thought the same thing so I left it overnight ... Thank you for answering sometimes it's hard to find help

it goes through the
harmony installer
job properties installer
EFI_lib installer

then goes back to the screen that says 17 installs remaining and searching macintosh HD

it there a way to remove any files that it copied to the drive to start fresh?

TIA

Bruce_W
04-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Yes. You can run the Fiery Software Uninstaller for OSX located here.

http://services.efi.com/support/drivers/download2.asp?oem=efi&sys=Fiery_Software_Uninstaller_Mac&ver=10.4-10.6

Thank you,
Bruce

seanfhaynes
04-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes. You can run the Fiery Software Uninstaller for OSX located here.

http://services.efi.com/support/drivers/download2.asp?oem=efi&sys=Fiery_Software_Uninstaller_Mac&ver=10.4-10.6

Thank you,
Bruce

ran the uninstaller and then tried again still no luck :(
created a new admin user and tried to install there no luck
tried to repair permissions and no luck

Bruce_W
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Which Fiery controller do you have?

Thank you,
Bruce

seanfhaynes
04-22-2010, 05:47 PM
we have the xerox workcenter 7435 EFI

emorrisIV
07-12-2010, 08:40 AM
I have had issues as well. The main issue is not being able to calibrate. I have this problem on my macBook Pro 10.5 and have had it on customers macs as well.
I am guessing that the problem is centered around Java versions being too new for the versions of CWS.
This was a common problem with the old Mac CWS.

any comments from a moderator?

e

Russnewcomer
09-08-2010, 06:01 AM
I support a client who is having difficulty printing from a number of their OS X 10.6.4 machines to the Fiery that is installed with their Konica Minolta C450. The Fiery drivers that I download from Webtools are for . Interestingly, I was able to get one client machine working, but following the same steps that I did on that machine, I am unable to get the others working. The drivers all appear to install correctly, yet when I select the “Fiery Features” to enter in the department passcode, none of the Job Info ‘fiery features’ appear except on the first machine that I performed the install on. Our local Konica rep advised me on the same steps that I have been following, install Rosetta, install the drivers, and then run the EFI OS X 10.6 Updater. I have also tried manually changing the fierycupsfilter permissions, and even copy-pasting everything EFI-related that I could from the working machine to the non-working machine. Does anyone else have any other troubleshooting steps that could assist me?

Thanks

Russ Newcomer

marco974
09-08-2010, 06:17 AM
I support a client who is having difficulty printing from a number of their OS X 10.6.4 machines to the Fiery that is installed with their Konica Minolta C450. The Fiery drivers that I download from Webtools are for . Interestingly, I was able to get one client machine working, but following the same steps that I did on that machine, I am unable to get the others working. The drivers all appear to install correctly, yet when I select the “Fiery Features” to enter in the department passcode, none of the Job Info ‘fiery features’ appear except on the first machine that I performed the install on. Our local Konica rep advised me on the same steps that I have been following, install Rosetta, install the drivers, and then run the EFI OS X 10.6 Updater. I have also tried manually changing the fierycupsfilter permissions, and even copy-pasting everything EFI-related that I could from the working machine to the non-working machine. Does anyone else have any other troubleshooting steps that could assist me?

Thanks

Russ Newcomer

Find on-line software "Fiery Remove application". After install driver.

Russnewcomer
09-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Thanks, marco, but I also did that. Still was unable to get the driver working.

Scott_W
09-08-2010, 06:49 AM
I would suggest that on the 10.6 Macs that you are having problems with, you:
1.) go to http://www.efi.com/fiery/support/default.aspx and register/login under "Downloads Software and Drivers"
2.) Select "EFI Software" link seen on left side of page
3.) From drop-down, select and download to your Mac "Fiery Software uninstaller for Mac 10.4 - 10.6"
4.) Install this application and open it
5.) In application click on "Printers" tab. select Fiery printer, then select "Remove Printer and Driver" button. Exit application. (if you have more than one Fiery printer installed you might have to uninstall in this way all of them - if your print problem still exists after performing all steps here)
6.) Re-install Fiery print driver and re-configure printer
7.) Run "Apple Mac OSX 10.6 Fiery Driver Updater" (also available at download site mentioned above)

------

Another option is to go to KM's download site to see if they have any newer Mac drivers available for IC-402 Fiery controller. You will still need to run "Apple Mac OSX 10.6 Fiery Driver Updater" after installing printer!!

KM site is at http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/Search.aspx?ht=
Select...
-Color Products
-IC-402
-Drivers
-Mac OS 10.5.x

Select "Show" link at bottom of page.

On page that appears, select, download, and install:
"ic402v201 ps macX5 v1vry8l efigs inst.zip"

Even though this driver is listed under 10.5, it is a newer one that came originally on your Fiery. It has various fixes and updates incorporated into it.

Russnewcomer
09-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Scott - thanks for the suggestions. However, I have tried those suggestions and am still unable to get the Fiery Features working, and therefore, am unable to use the printers. Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks

Russ Newcomer

Nick_V
09-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Is there a difference in the hardware (such as 32bit vs 64bit) between the machine where the drivers work and the machines where they do not?

Also, what application are you trying to print out of (both succesfully and not)?

Russnewcomer
09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
It works on a Quad-core Xeon Mac Pro. Does not work on a Dual-Core Xeon Mac Pro, or Core 2 Duo macbook pros. All are on 10.6.4

The quad core can print from any application. The others cannot print from any application. Other printers do work, the fiery does not. The client also has a 10.4.11 PowerPC that prints fine to the Fiery.

Thanks for the help

Russ Newcomer

Russnewcomer
09-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Now, after merely opening up printer properties on the working Quad Core Xeon, it has also stopped working. I have discovered that the (now only) working Mac is running on 1.1a drivers, not 2.0, and I cannot find the 1.1a drivers available for download anywhere on the EFI site. Can someone make a link available for me to download the 1.1a drivers so I can at least get my client working?

Thanks

Scott_W
09-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Please confirm the Fiery model and version. Can you print Fiery Configuration page? On page 1 in upper left will be Version. Also, on page 1 under "Printer Setup" header you should see something like "50-45C-KM", "35C-KM", etc.

And double check copier model as well.

Initially you stated it was a C450, but C450's Fiery model never had a v1.1a driver

Russnewcomer
09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
It's a C5500. The drivers are not 1.1a, but 1.1.0.130. The client had told me they were 1.1A.

Still not having any luck getting anything working, I am able to get it working on a test laptop, by installing drivers which we found that the client was given by the KM rep, but duplicating the steps, I cannot get it working on the client's machines.

Thanks

Russ

Scott_W
09-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Until you can provide definitive details about what Fiery and version you have it is pointless to continue troubleshooting.

The C5500 had several Fiery model/version combos.

Please see my previous post regarding Fiery Configuration page

Russnewcomer
09-09-2010, 10:32 AM
It's an X3eTY2 65-55C-KM running the 2.0 control software.

Thanks

Scott_W
09-09-2010, 11:02 AM
OK...good news then. EFI released to KM a fully 10.6 compatible driver for this Fiery/version.

But I see they don't have it posted!

So, go to:

ftp.efi.com

username: customer
password: cu$Tom3r

Look in folder /IC-408 v2.0/Mac Driver patches for "1-167NFP is compat with 10.6.zip"

Download it.
Run Fiery Mac uninstaller again to remove existing Fiery printer and driver files.
Then install downloaded driver according to it's release note, then configure printer.

This time you WILL NOT still need to run "Apple Mac OSX 10.6 Fiery Driver Updater" after installing printer, since new driver is already 10.6 compatible.

This site will need to have this driver installer available for those who wish to print to Fiery from 10.6, as driver downloaded from Fiery itself is not 10.6 compatible

Russnewcomer
09-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Scott - Thanks for the link, that driver fixed the problem! Appreciate you working with me, and this client appreciatees being able to use their Fiery! Hopefully KM can post the updated driver soon so others experiencing this issue can use their fiery easily.

Thanks

Russ Newcomer

Autenien
10-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Unfortunately that file is no longer located in that folder, nor can I seem to find it anywhere else on the FTP site.

Any thoughts or suggestions as where I might find this file now?

Scott_W
10-04-2010, 08:50 AM
I just re-posted driver in folder location described in previous post.
Our FTP will auto delete files eventually...

iMacDoU
11-03-2010, 04:23 AM
Can you re-repost the driver for 10.6 again? thanks

Scott_W
11-03-2010, 02:36 PM
It is still there. File name is "1-167NFP.zip"

dthompson
12-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Cant find this file on the FTP... is it still available?