PDA

View Full Version : Export Custom Profiles loses custom curves on import

Gavin
09-16-2009, 06:17 AM
Hi All

This is driving me nuts!!!!

I had a set of cutom colour curves for specific jobs. Because an engineer had to wipe and reinstall software on our DC250, I exported these custom sets to my local drive.

Once the engineer had finished, I imported the sets back into the Profiles pane but the following happened: The profiles were imported into the CMYK Source pane not the Output Profiles pane where they were originally, and they had also lost all their custom curves, i.e. defaulted back to a 45 degree line.

I've now lost ALL my custom curves with no way of getting them back!

What with this and several other unresolved issues I think CWS5 SUCKS big time and am considering reverting back to version 4 - at least THAT worked! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tommy_L
09-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi Gavin,

I took a look at this today and I think I see what you did. When importing your saved output profiles, you need to ensure you're selecting the correct choice in the "Import profile as" drop down menu. Because exported output profiles can be imported as both "CMYK source and simulation" or as "output." If I select "output" as the profile type, my edited curve settings are retained and the profile is properly imported into the output profiles section. If I leave the drop down selection as "CMYK source and simulation," the profile is imported into the CMYK source profiles and my custom curve settings are lost. Can you please verify that you are selecting "output" in the "Import profile as" drop down menu and get back to us with your results?

Thanks,

Tommy

Gavin
09-17-2009, 01:25 AM
Tommy, you're a diamond and I'm a plank!

Thanks