PDA

View Full Version : Greyscale not greysclale

sleepyeyed
09-15-2009, 09:10 AM
It would seem that if I set my fiery for Pure Black Text/Graphics then it should do just that. Instead its printing a process black and turning my grey images green. I've done the AutoGrey in the profile and color calibrated the fiery. I'm using a Konica c500 with a fiery 50c-km. It doesn't matter which program I print from either. I get the same result from Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat. This is incredibly frustrating as I can't get a simple answer to this question from anyone so far. :mad:

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Marty

solomonfire
09-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Hello Sleepyeyed-

Are you dealing with transparencies amongst the graphics &/or text?

sleepyeyed
09-15-2009, 10:51 AM
In indesign there are 3 greyscale elements that are at 20% opacity.
In Acrobat I printed from a pdf exported from indesign.
In photoshop I imported the pdf and flattened it, then printed.

All 3 give me the same green color cast in the grey portions of the print.

I've been able to get just grey by importing the pdf file directly into command workstation, but I'd like to know how to natively print like that through my other programs.

Marty

k_graham
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
It would seem that if I set my fiery for Pure Black Text/Graphics then it should do just that. Instead its printing a process black and turning my grey images green. I've done the AutoGrey in the profile and color calibrated the fiery. I'm using a Konica c500 with a fiery 50c-km. It doesn't matter which program I print from either. I get the same result from Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat. This is incredibly frustrating as I can't get a simple answer to this question from anyone so far. :mad:

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Marty

Has the Fiery had all / or any patches applied - the 500 was rather pathetic at least on the Ikon CPP500, without patches it was set to mat color toners of the 8050. Worse, they released updated printer driver for all the workstations but dealers didn't mention this was also needed to match update that should have been factory installed. Also calibration should entail a developer refresh done manually at the copier each time but apparently that menu item can be turned off and made not visible by service department. Make sure all of above are in place as all of those greatly affect results, did that help or are you already up to date.

sleepyeyed
09-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the help. I updated the drivers and the problem has been solved. I now have a new issue though. Now when I select my bypass tray it prints from tray 1 no matter what. I can change this in command workstation afterwords however.

Marty

k_graham
09-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the help. I updated the drivers and the problem has been solved. I now have a new issue though. Now when I select my bypass tray it prints from tray 1 no matter what. I can change this in command workstation afterwords however.

Marty

Did you or your dealer download and install the latest printer driver on you workstation as well?

Perhaps EFI could list the required patches to make sure you have all as well as what revision the print driver for the workstation should be at.

Ken

mac_paris
03-09-2011, 11:12 AM
We are running Command Workstation 5 on a Canon C6000 with A2100 Fiery.

Our grays are turning green too. I used the search function to find this old thread.

It looks like the printer driver is the solution, but I don't know how to tell if we have the newest printer driver. Installed appears to be "Canon iPR Server A2100 V2.0"

Karl_T
03-09-2011, 11:32 AM
We are running Command Workstation 5 on a Canon C6000 with A2100 Fiery.

Our grays are turning green too. I used the search function to find this old thread.

It looks like the printer driver is the solution, but I don't know how to tell if we have the newest printer driver. Installed appears to be "Canon iPR Server A2100 V2.0"

Hi mac_paris,

It appears that you have the correct driver.

The driver itself won't cause your grays to turn green spontaneously.

If the issue is that you are getting green prints when you try to print gray - Then, as part of your calibration process, you would need to run autogray on the output profile. Your dealer should be able to show you how this is done.

If your grays are turning green during a long run, this is typically a mechanical side issue. You can calibrate periodically to compensate for this color shift but how often you'll need to do this is going to depend on several factors such as; Copier maintnenance cycle (age of drums, other consumable parts), temperature, humidity and paper (and how dry or damp the paper is).

Regards,

Karl

mac_paris
03-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks Karl

This issue was a big problem yesterday with a job printing on 13x19 on coated stock. We were printing 300 copies of each set. This first page printed grey. By page 300 everything was green. I thought that was pretty extreme.

We are getting some help with calibration, and are looking at humidity, temperature, etc.

kristinachilds
04-02-2012, 11:55 AM
mostly the same problem. unless i print in 100% greyscale, all the blacks turn out green. any black printed cmyk, be it a 1 color black or rich black ALL turn out with a green tint.

i'm printing from inDesign, have all the most recent drivers and software updates and have tried everything: from letting InDesign determine colors, let printer determine colors, changed expert settings in CWS for all the different types of black: pure black, rich black & none, tried adjusting density within InDesign and on the printer itself. i re-calibrated which fixed it a little but still not anywhere near where it needs to be.

i'm at a loss. i've been going into the photoshop files to look at the black builds and there isnt anywhere near the amount of cyan and yellow in the files that should be outputting like this.

the unit is a Bizhub C360 and is only a few months old.