PDA

View Full Version : Double sided issues

Spencer Elliott
09-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Bit of a weird question really, and not really one too related to CWS5 either (but I guessed it's as good a place to ask as any).
But has anyone noticed that printing Adobe Acrobat PDF files that have been generated in Adobe version 9.0 or higher can sometimes get the orientation wrong?
Some operators have noticed that they can send a bunch of files to print, and they all come out correctly, but one or two of the files may print head-to-head instead of head-to-toe (or vice-versa). At first I thought it was an operator mistake, but after checking myself it does appear that sometimes Acrobate files (specifically ones that have been created with the new Acrobat version 9) can mix up the "doublesidedness" (I'm copyrighting that new term by the way :-P) of the file.
I was hoping to be honest that it was a CWS issue caused by CWS5, but it also happens on CWS4 too. Has anyone else experianced this, and more importantly, found a fix?
Using the Xerox process manager product to print, I can avoid the problem, but this is not an ideal solution.

If anyone has any knowledge about this, or has seen someone else with this issue, perhaps even seen it mentioned on a Acrobat bug list somewhere, absolutely anything would help.

Regards, Spencer.

Spencer Elliott
09-17-2009, 02:41 AM
It seems the problem was not acrobat afterall (tried several versions of reader). Any double sided features are at driver level, I should of realised this earlier!

All the available client drivers for adding the DC8000AP manually seem to cause this problem in my environment (not to say it's a abd driver, could possibly be some other conflict).
In the end I've opted for adding the printer as a network printer, and sending it straight to the hold queue of the fiery directly, where the Fiery itself acts as the print server. This removes the issue.

Hope this helps someone else.

Chad_P
09-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Have you installed patch 1-124KDL? This problem sounds similar to one that is fixed by new printer drivers that are installed by patch 1-124KDL. Patch 1-124KDL is available for download on System Updates for the EX8000AP. After installing the patch, use the Fiery Printer Delete Utility to remove the old drivers from your client PC. Then download the new drivers from your Fiery and install them on your client PC using the Windows Add Printer Wizard.

Spencer Elliott
09-28-2009, 01:30 AM
Have you installed patch 1-124KDL? This problem sounds similar to one that is fixed by new printer drivers that are installed by patch 1-124KDL. Patch 1-124KDL is available for download on System Updates for the EX8000AP. After installing the patch, use the Fiery Printer Delete Utility to remove the old drivers from your client PC. Then download the new drivers from your Fiery and install them on your client PC using the Windows Add Printer Wizard.

Thanks for the tip. Indeed this does tie-in with what happened to me... As soon as I stopped using the clients with a local driver downloaded from the website, but used the Fiery itself as a network printer (which contained this patch) the issue was resolved. I am assuming because this patch was on there...

I wonder perhaps you might be able to tell me if this also works on the Fiery for the DC260? I am still experiancing this weird behaviour on the 260 (after a full re-build and patch update), I am using it as a network printer but it's still printing acrobat files the wrong way round, and also not retaining the scaling information either (send the job 50% reduced and still comes out full sized).
The patch you mentioned is NOT loaded on it, but the auto-update server does not list it either. I went the driver site on xerox support and it isn't listed there either.
Would the DC8000 patch work on the 260? Or is there another patch I shoudl eb looking for?

Thanks for your help!