PDA

View Full Version : built-in Efi Fiery System 8e R2 with XEROX DC252 Banding

HellRaZoR
08-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Hi all, i seem to be having problems when printing from adobe products or corel draw Xx. i am getting banding when i do gradient fills (vertical steps from one process colour to the next). i use adobe to pdf the file with v.1.4 and that comes out correct. i have even tried different simulations. applied noise from adobe software but still have this unique problem. DC252 patched with latest firmware. done auto gradiation for both copy and prints. calibrated thereafter. we have a DC252 with a builtin fiery with v2 software loaded with the patches of the xerox the website:
Composite Patch (#1 of 2)
Composite Patch (#2 of 2)
1-ZEDRD
1-T2ZJH

i downloaded and installed the Latest CWS 5
is there any gradiation patch fix available
any queries or help would be welcomed...

k_graham
08-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Hi all, i seem to be having problems when printing from adobe products or corel draw Xx. i am getting banding when i do gradient fills (vertical steps from one process colour to the next).i use adobe to pdf the file with v.1.4 and that comes out correct. i have even tried different simulations. applied noise from adobe software but still have this unique problem. DC252 patched with latest firmware. done auto gradiation for both copy and prints. calibrated thereafter. we have a DC252 wit h a builtin fiery with v2 software loaded with the patches of the xerox the website:
Composite Patch (#1 of 2)
Composite Patch (#2 of 2)
1-ZEDRD
1-T2ZJH

i downloaded and installed the Latest CWS 5
is there any gradiation patch fix available
any queries or help would be welcomed...

Can you do a Fiery Calibration to Card as well - if not a reinstall of software is in order and perhaps different Fiery disks.

Regards Corel, under Postscript Tab for printing

1. Auto increase Flatness
2. Autoincrease Fountain steps
3. DO NOT Optimize Fountain Fills (at least it used to give me a Moiree pattern which might be whats happening to you)

Save Preferences under the General Tab so you can do this with 1 button each time.

Did that help?

oxident
08-31-2009, 07:27 AM
I would also suggest trying some different color workflows:

Try different RGB source and/or CMYK simulation profiles and try to turn off spot color matching.

Unfortunately, I didn't see good gradients on any Xerox DC240/250/252 using the bustled Fiery so far...