PDA

View Full Version : Language problem in printer drivers still exists!

oxident
08-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Hi!

I just want to notify EFI that the language mismatch when downloading drivers from the embedded webserver still exists with latest system software (and all patches) on a bustled Fiery.

When I download the german driver package, I got the dutch one :-(

That's a pity because Xerox doesn't offer the latest driver for download.

Wasabi
08-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Which Fiery model are you using, and which version?

oxident
08-27-2009, 01:21 AM
The problem exists on two Fierys:

- bustled for Xerox DC250 (only on v1.2; v1.1 is fine)
- bustled for Xerox DC242/252 (using the latest patch which should include new EFIGS-drivers)

The download URL points to the right directory (/xjutil/Win/ppd_files/G/TREIBER.EXE) but inside the "TREIBER.EXE" archive I can only find the dutch version. This can be checked by simply opening the .chm-Helpfile.

oxident
09-04-2009, 02:59 AM
Why has this Thread been moved to the CWS-Forum?

I don't think it has anything to do with the Command WorkStation... :confused:

Gary_S
09-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Oxident,

You are right, your posting has nothing to do with Command Workstation. It also has nothing to do with Fiery Color and Imaging.

Originally, our intention was to focus on Command Workstation 5, and common questions on Fiery Color Management and Imaging in this user forum. But we noticed our forum community post a lot of general Fiery questions, which have nothing to do with CWS 5, and the majority of these end up in the Command Workstation 5 forum.

We will be updating the forum to include a section for general Fiery questions, but for the time being, these types of questions are being addressed in the Command Workstation 5 forum. If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Gary

oxident
09-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi Gary,

sorry, I didn't read the forum topics correctly. I thought it was divided into CWS and other Fiery related topics :rolleyes:

If this thread doesn't fit into any sub-forums, please feel free to delete it.

Gary_S
09-07-2009, 04:34 AM
We will look into it. We will come back to you if we need additional information to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for letting us know.

Gary

Craig M
10-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Xerox has logged this issue with EFI. There should be a fix soon.
Thanks,

Craig M
10-21-2009, 10:01 AM
A patch for this problem has been dispatched to Xerox. It should be on auto updates soon, or you can contact Xerox support. Thanks, Craig